About Universal Records

My photo
Quezon City, Philippines
Universal Records is the NUMBER ONE independent record label in the Philippines. Bringing you quality music for the past 30 years, we are home to artists like: Jose Mari Chan, Gary Valenciano, Ogie Alcasid, Regine Velasquez, Lani Misalucha, Jed Madela, Christian Bautista, Jay R, Billy Crawford, Kris Aquino, Edu Manzano, Marian Rivera, Mark Herras, Nina, Ronnie Liang, Gail Blanco, Sam Concepcion. Our band roster includes: Parokya Ni Edgar, Kamikazee, Sponge Cola, Imago, Silent Sanctuary, Kenyo, Paraluman. We are equally committed to bring you exciting international releases covering various genres like pop, jazz, new age, classical, alternative, indie pop, rock, electronica, dance, r&b, and hip-hop. Name it, we definitely have it!

March 23, 2010

U-Kiss thinks variety programs are hard

Who would’ve thought? These adorable boys who make us all laugh on variety shows think it’s hard?

Apparently so. In a recent interview with TV Daily, members of U-KISS expressed their difficulty on variety programs for various reasons.

Soohyun, who actually became more known in the entertainment industry through variety programs, said, “I’m a member of God Of Cookery Expedition right now, and it’s hard when I have to keep eating while my stomach is already full. We have to visit 2 restaurants in order to film for 1 episode. We shoot 2 episodes in one day so we have a total of 4 places to visit and eat. Really, I have to keep telling myself that I shouldn’t listen to my stomach even though I’m already full.” It must be really hard to force yourself to keep eating after you’re bloated. In addition, most of what the crew films is probably cut from the episode.

Kibum answered next, saying, “It’s a bit hard when filming the variety programs with the seniors. Because there are lots of laughter and informal talks in variety programs, so it’s unavoidable that the seniors might be offended by that. I worry that such actions might seems rude to them so I apologize to them a lot during the recording.” In Korea, or probably all countries, respecting one’s elders is highly valued, and although it’s just a variety show, one has to watch their words.

Alexander, the non-Korean member of the group, also shared his problems on variety shows: “Eli and I aren’t fluent in Korean yet, so we tend to miss lots of timing to talk in variety programs. There are lots of things that I want to say but the words won’t come out of my mouth, or are not well presented.”

Although U-KISS finds variety shows hard, I think they’re doing fine on it – just look at their cute sense of humor that suddenly makes us burst out in laughter!

Credit: TVDaily

Translation: continukiss, jaymie501@rocketboxx.net, octavia@7kisses.com

No comments: