About Universal Records

My photo
Quezon City, Philippines
Universal Records is the NUMBER ONE independent record label in the Philippines. Bringing you quality music for the past 30 years, we are home to artists like: Jose Mari Chan, Gary Valenciano, Ogie Alcasid, Regine Velasquez, Lani Misalucha, Jed Madela, Christian Bautista, Jay R, Billy Crawford, Kris Aquino, Edu Manzano, Marian Rivera, Mark Herras, Nina, Ronnie Liang, Gail Blanco, Sam Concepcion. Our band roster includes: Parokya Ni Edgar, Kamikazee, Sponge Cola, Imago, Silent Sanctuary, Kenyo, Paraluman. We are equally committed to bring you exciting international releases covering various genres like pop, jazz, new age, classical, alternative, indie pop, rock, electronica, dance, r&b, and hip-hop. Name it, we definitely have it!

June 20, 2010

PEP.ph | Gary Valenciano ponders his longevity in the fickle world of showbiz

by Paul Mata
Saturday, June 19, 2010 | 10:57 PM


STAYING POWER IN THE INDUSTRY. Gary also reflects on his longevity in the industry.

"Pagdating sa talent, especially in the Philippines, I can walk outside here now and I can find somebody who can sing, somebody who can act, someboday who can be a comedian. Pero bakit ako ang pinili? Why was I chosen to last this long. There must be some great purpose.

"What I tell my children is, 'You have been given those talents. And nobody else can do what you're doing. It's specifically designed for you. The talent will never leave but the opportunities will disappear.' What I want them to realize is that you are chosen out of millions to do what you are doing now. The best thing to do is to humbly receive that gift. And the One who gave that to you is going to guide you if you allow Him to do that," Gary emphasized.

"Without sounding religious or spiritual, but it's the truth. I'm 45 years old today. What am I doing with all the other people half my age in ASAP today? But I'm enjoying it. And I'm receiving a lot of respect. When I'm out there doing the Latin numbers for the people, it feels like I'm 30 or 27 years old. It feels so good. That's when I stop and ask, 'Why me?' What qualifies me to have this? And that's what I want to leave with my children. There are things that they don't understand because there will be greater things if they keep on understanding the fact that it is not how good they are but how good their God is if they allow Him to be what He wants us to be," Gary said.

Gary and Gab will be doing a special show on Sunday, June 20, at the SM Skydome at SM North Edsa. Gary's daughter Kiana will be joining them.

"It will be a simple concert but I think it will be a heartfelt concert. I hope you can come and join us."

Also to look forward to in Gary's schedule is the repeat of the As One concert with Martin Nievera. Joining them will be Martin's sons Robin and Ram Nievera, and Gary's son, Paolo Valenciano...

Read the full write up here:

No comments: