About Universal Records

My photo
Quezon City, Philippines
Universal Records is the NUMBER ONE independent record label in the Philippines. Bringing you quality music for the past 30 years, we are home to artists like: Jose Mari Chan, Gary Valenciano, Ogie Alcasid, Regine Velasquez, Lani Misalucha, Jed Madela, Christian Bautista, Jay R, Billy Crawford, Kris Aquino, Edu Manzano, Marian Rivera, Mark Herras, Nina, Ronnie Liang, Gail Blanco, Sam Concepcion. Our band roster includes: Parokya Ni Edgar, Kamikazee, Sponge Cola, Imago, Silent Sanctuary, Kenyo, Paraluman. We are equally committed to bring you exciting international releases covering various genres like pop, jazz, new age, classical, alternative, indie pop, rock, electronica, dance, r&b, and hip-hop. Name it, we definitely have it!

February 28, 2011

Allkpop | After School’s Kahi talks about the pressures behind her solo debut


It took a long time to get there, but After School’s Kahi has finally achieved her life-long dream of releasing a solo album under own name.

She’s already had her skills acknowledged many times over, and was even chosen as the most anticipated female soloist.

“I feel like I’m riding on a plane,” she expressed. “I prepared a lot, but took a long time in releasing it because I couldn’t find a track I was satisfied with. The minute I listened to my title track, I knew this was it. I felt it.”

Considering the amount of preparation that went into her solo debut, Kahi was asked if she felt any pressure.
The singer replied, “The After School members both gave me their support, as well as their anticipation, so naturally, I felt a lot of pressure. As After School’s leader, I also didn’t want to disappoint the expectations of my agency. Still, it was a lot of fun. These were all emotions that I felt for the first time, but instead of feeling nervous on my first stage, I sought to enjoy it. I felt more nervous waiting for the stage than actually performing on it.”

Regarding the stereotype that people had of her as a dancer, she explained, “I’m not bad at singing, but it is true that there’s a barrier there. I wanted to get rid of the tags that labeled me as ‘the dancer’ or ‘former dancer’, and just fly. Since people already know that I’m a dancer, I wanted to present something more perfect with the combination of singing. I actually don’t dance when I sing, maybe just make a few gestures regarding the song here and there.”

Kahi concluded, “Because my dream is so big, I still have so much left to run for. If After School was my first step towards realizing that dream, I’ve now boarded the plane.”

Source: OSEN via Nate
Posted by VITALSIGN @ Allkpop