About Universal Records

My photo
Quezon City, Philippines
Universal Records is the NUMBER ONE independent record label in the Philippines. Bringing you quality music for the past 30 years, we are home to artists like: Jose Mari Chan, Gary Valenciano, Ogie Alcasid, Regine Velasquez, Lani Misalucha, Jed Madela, Christian Bautista, Jay R, Billy Crawford, Kris Aquino, Edu Manzano, Marian Rivera, Mark Herras, Nina, Ronnie Liang, Gail Blanco, Sam Concepcion. Our band roster includes: Parokya Ni Edgar, Kamikazee, Sponge Cola, Imago, Silent Sanctuary, Kenyo, Paraluman. We are equally committed to bring you exciting international releases covering various genres like pop, jazz, new age, classical, alternative, indie pop, rock, electronica, dance, r&b, and hip-hop. Name it, we definitely have it!

June 19, 2011

Koreaboo | G-Dragon is preparing for his next solo album?


In August of 2009, G-Dragon released his first studio album, "Heartbreaker." The album consisted of ten songs, with the lyrics written entirely by G-Dragon himself, except for the song, "The Leaders," which was a collaboration track between G-Dragon, Teddy, and CL (2NE1).

Almost two years later, G-Dragon shared in a magazine interview his thoughts on the album, "Heartbreaker," and his plans for the future. G-Dragon participated in an interview with "Fans World" 2011 No. 10 Magazine.

Check out his responses below!

Question: Over two years ago, you released "Heartbreaker." You said, "I'm not an idol, but a symbol." Now, looking at Big Bang's concepts, it looks like you're trying to break the "idol image."

G-Dragon: The views people had of us within out two year and three month hiatus changed. During that period, I think that "idols" changed to a term that is now used for younger idols. We are all getting older, and it is kind of embarrassing for us to still be called "idols." Maybe it is time that we were called "musicians" instead of "idols."

Question: Your first album, "Heartbreaker," had a lot of controversies that surrounded it. What is your response to that?

G-Dragon: One day while driving, I played the entire album one more time. I felt guilty about it. I was really confident then that albums to me were like my diary. When I became sixty or seventy years old, I would be able to listen to it an know what I was thinking about and who I loved during that time period from the lyrics I wrote. Now I find that the idea of using my diary for an album concept was too impulsive. I could have done better with it if it wasn't so impulsive of a concept. Currently, I am preparing for my next solo album. If the production goes quickly, it will be released by next year!

Are you looking forward to G-Dragon's upcoming solo album later this year or early next year?

Source: BigBangVIP and "Fans World" 2011 No. 10 Magazine
Posted by eggyone @ Koreaboo

No comments: